Comfortable Lodging Near Starved Rock State Park
Mission Oak Inn, a central Illinois bed and breakfast, is located near Henry, IL, only a few miles from the Illinois River, between Peoria and Starved Rock State Park.
The inn is a comfortable driving distance from Bloomington and Quad Cities and offers lodging near Starved Rock State Park and Bradley University. From the moment you drive down the lane to the inn, you can feel yourself relaxing as you gaze upon the beauty of the lake, the trees, and the wildlife. Step into the inn and drink in the rich, oak, mission-style woodwork. Upon entering your suite for the evening, you will find a warm fire and whirlpool for two waiting for your tired body to be rejuvenated. Wake up refreshed to the sounds of visiting Canada geese or an occasional owl. Many bird feeders around the inn provide food and antics for many species of birds. In the spring and fall, we have migrating ducks, geese, osprey, and bald eagles. We have a couple of resident blue herons, kingfishers, and numerous other birds. In the summer we have lots of hummingbirds. There is a nice hiking trail through our woods that guests enjoy.
If you choose to venture off the Mission Oak Inn grounds on your Illinois vacation, you will find the surrounding areas rich in history with plenty of activities for the golfer, shopper, or adventurer alike.
From Illinois antiques and wineries to Starved Rock State Park, there is something for everyone. Below are some of the attractions that Central Illinois has to offer.
- August Hill Winery in Utica
- Illinois River Winery in Utica
- Indian Creek Vineyard in Toulon
- Kickapoo Creek Winery in Edwards
- Willett’s Winery & Cellar in Manito
- Other wineries
- Charles Perdew Museum in Henry
- Wheels O’ Time Museum in Peoria
- Marshall County Historical Society in Lacon
- Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Bureau County Historical Society Museum Princeton
- River Valley Players in Henry
- Bishop Hill Arts Council
- Peoria Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Festival 56 in Princeton
- Follies Theatre in Utica
- Lela’s Resale Shoppe – 412 5th St; Lacon, IL 61540; Phone number (309) 554-9085
We are happy to offer guests the additional option of dining with us.
Whether you are enjoying romantic getaway weekends in Illinois or a time away with friends, you will be delighted by the gourmet dining options our chef will present to you.
This is our dinner menu. Please ask if you have a special request.
Dinners are available for an extra charge and must be arranged ahead of your stay. Just be sure to let us know if you have any special dietary needs.
All dinners are for 2 people and include homemade dessert, tea, soda, or coffee. Many dinners can be made vegetarian.
Picnic Basket – Have a romantic meal near the in-room fireplace, or outside in one of the many garden areas. This meal includes your choice of up to two home cooked meats such as ham, turkey, chicken, or smoked pulled pork (as available) with fresh bread to make hearty sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, cheese and crackers or chips and dip, and side salad for $46
THE FOLLOWING DINNERS ARE SERVED IN THE DINING ROOM
Real home cooking; all dinner pricing based on 2 guests –
- Slow-roasted pot roast with vegetables, gravy, and fresh bread $59
- Baked lasagna with four cheeses and Italian sausage, salad, and fresh bread $59
- Herb roasted chicken, homemade dressing, twice baked potato, and fresh vegetable $55
Mission Oak Inn Specialties; all dinner pricing based on 2 guests –
- Extra thick, one pound, bone-in Iowa pork chops pan seared, stuffed with homemade stuffing and cream sauce served with twice baked potato, vegetable, and salad $68
- Tender pork medallions served in a cream, brandy, maple, and mustard reduction. Served with salad, twice baked potato, in season fresh vegetable, and fresh bread $73
- Grilled salmon served on a bed of fresh greens, topped with seasonal vegetable, our own secret sauce, sprinkled with crumbled bacon, green onions, parmesan cheese, and walnuts, served with fresh bread $64
- Broiled salmon with mustard sauce, served over fresh creamed spinach and pasta. Served with salad, and fresh bread $69
- Pan seared chicken filets with a rich creamy peach sauce over pasta, topped with green onions and cashews. Served with salad and fresh bread $69
- Cornish hens with orange glaze and fruit stuffing, served with quinoa, vegetable, and fresh bread $65
- Grilled rib eye or New York strip steak with twice baked potato, vegetable, salad, and bread $74
- Sautéed shrimp in a sweet chili and roasted red pepper sauce over creamy organic blue corn grits, vegetable, salad, and fresh bread $74
- Shrimp in a rich, sun-dried tomato and wine cream sauce over pasta. Served with salad and fresh bread $74
- Beef tenderloin filet stuffed with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms. Served with salad, twice baked potato, vegetable, and fresh bread $85
- Vegetarian – stuffed portabella mushrooms, vegetable, salad, and fresh bread $62
- Vegetarian – pasta with vegetables and mushrooms, salad, and fresh bread $64
If you are interested in an Illinois fishing vacation, Mission Oak Inn is the place for you.
Our bed and breakfast is located near Henry, Illinois, a quiet little town nestled in a bend of the scenic Illinois River partway between LaSalle and Peoria. The community is home to beautiful tree-lined streets and friendly people. When you visit you will notice that the town has a strong “hometown” atmosphere.
It was the beauty of the Illinois River and the fertile soil that attracted early settlers to the area. The riverfront remains a popular tourist attraction today drawing boating, water skiing, fishing, and hunting enthusiasts from throughout the Midwest. You will find wonderful Illinois bass fishing and crappie fishing in the nearby rivers.
While there are great fishing opportunities in the area, you won’t want to miss the fantastic fishing spot that is located right on our property. The Mission Oak Inn lake is a private, 7-acre lake with limited fishing pressure and a catch and release policy for bass, walleye, and red ear. Therefore, it provides excellent fishing for even the inexperienced fisherman.
The lake has largemouth bass over 6 pounds with a large population of 2 to 4-pounders. The walleye should also be over 6 pounds. Channel catfish over 5 pounds are easy to catch on “stink bait”. Stink bait is allowed but otherwise, only artificial bait is allowed. If you like catfish or pan fish, there are plenty of catfish, crappie, and bluegill to take home with you.
For the most up-to-date fishing report, send us an email at email@example.com